To qualify for an overload, a student should:
- Have an overall GPA of 3.3 or higher. (This provision does not apply to students who are within two (2) regular terms of graduation.)
- Have completed at least four full course credits in the immediate preceding term and earned a minimum 3.3 GPA for all courses completed in that term.
- Have a consistent record of completing courses.
- Have a labor assignment of no more than 10 hours per week for first-year students, or 15 hours per week for sophomores, juniors, and seniors, during the term in which a course overload is requested.
- Request a total load of no more than five course credits.
- Have the approval signature of the Academic Advisor.
Requests for overloads are submitted to the Student Service Center using the Course Registration Form available in the Self-Serve Room (101 Lincoln Hall). Students seeking exceptions to the above criteria should attach a rationale statement explaining any special circumstances to be taken into consideration by the Director of Academic Services, who must approve any exception. The rationale statement should be signed by the Academic Advisor if she or he supports the student being granted an exception.